http://www.selectservices.co.uk/?propeler=migliore-piattaforma-per-tradare-opzioni&7a1=1f This week, I have felt the need to do some baking! I love baking cakes and biscuits and I recently had a go at baking using some more old fashioned recipes.
rencontre foot du jour The rock cake recipe originates from wartime 1940’s. Women during the second world war would have limited ingredients to use as they would have been rationed, particularly ingredients such as eggs and sugar.
site rencontre gratuit 100 non payant My husband often mentions his mum’s rock cakes that he had as a child, so I thought I would have a go and see if they came up to scratch!
strategie nel trading in opzioni corso The rock cake recipe uses simple ingredients and is so easy to make. This was the finished result.
best ireland dating site Ingredients
follow link 8 oz self-raising flour
4 oz butter
3 oz caster sugar
2 oz sultanas
1 splash of milk
demerara sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 200 C, gas mark 6 and grease a large baking tray
2. Sieve flour into large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter and rub into flour using finger tips until it looks like breadcrumbs
4. Add sugar and mix
5. Add egg and mix
6. Add sultanas
7. Add a splash of milk until it forms a dough
8. Spoon 12 heaps of the dough onto the baking tray
9. Sprinkle with demerara sugar on top
10. Put into oven for 15 mins until golden brown
The recipe is easy to follow and pretty foolproof, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome and my husband liked them to! They would be lovely for a quick afternoon treat if you had guests coming round, served with a lovely cuppa in a vintage teacup of course!
I hope you enjoy having a go at the recipe.
Let me know what you think by commenting below and send me your photos of your lovely rock cakes.